My 1998 Nissan 240SX SE



This was the first car that I owned. It was purchased back in 2005 from a guy and already had a good number of items on it. I owned it up until late 2009 and made quite a few changes over that period of time.

Engine/Drivetrain:
-GReddy TD06 20G Turbo Kit
-GReddy 24V FMIC
-GReddy Fuel Rail w370cc Injectors
-GReddy Airnix Intake
-GReddy Oil Catch Can
-GReddy Oil Filler Cap
-GReddy Radiator Cap
-GReddy E-Manage Piggyback ECU
-Nismo Fuel Pressure Regulator
-JIC Magic 3" Titanium Exhaust
-Koyo Aluminum Radiator
-Samco Radiator Hoses
-HKS SSQV
-Z32 TT MAF
-ACT Stage 2 Clutch
-Cusco RS 2 Way Differential

Chassis/Suspension:
-HKS Hipermax RS Coilovers
-Cusco Front & Rear Sway Bars
-Cusco Front & Rear Strut Bars
-Cusco Tension Rods
-Cusco RUCAs
-Cusco Toe Links
-Cusco Traction Links
-Nismo Power Brace
-TEIN Inner and Outer Tie Rods
-Autopower 4pt Bolt In Roll Cage


Exterior:
-PPG Brilliant Black Crystal Paint
-Authentic Vertex Full Aero Kit
-Chargespeed Carbon Fiber Hood
-DMax 30mm Front Fenders
-DMax 40mm Rear Fenders
-Originlab Corner Lights
-OriginLab Carbon Roof Spoiler
-JDM Turn Signals
-JDM Kouki Grille
-JDM Silvia Badge
-Blue Headlight Film

Interior:
-Vertex 300mm Steering Wheel
-Vertex Shift Knob
-Splash Steering Hub
-MOMO Quick Release
-Cusco Carbon Fiber Ebrake Handle
-Sparco Torino Seats
-Schroth Racing Harnesses
-Cage Mounted Fire Extinguisher
-GReddy Profec B Boost Controller
-GReddy Turbo Timer
-Defi BF 60mm Boost Meter
-Defi 60mm Oil Temp Meter
-Defi 60mm Water Press Meter
-Defi Link Control Unit II

Wheels/Tires/Brakes:
-SSR Professor SP1 Wheels
-(F) 18x9 -3/ (R) 18x10.5 - 8
-(F) 225/40R18 / (R) 245/40R18
-Z32 TT 30mm Brake Calipers
-StopTech Drilled & Slotted Rotors
-Goodridge SS Brake Lines
-PMU B Force Front Brake Pads
-PMU D1 Spec Rear Brake Pads

Additional Wheels:
-18x9 +9 / 19x10.5 +26 Work VSKF
-18x8.5 +35 / 18x9.5 +25 GP Sports Gullflame Gravity
-18x9.5 +22 5Zigen FN01R (pair)
-17x10 +12 5Zigen FN01RC Hot Version (pair)
-18x10 +22 Gram Lights 57 Pro (pair)
-17x10 +20 JIC Magic JF07 (square)

Towards the end of my ownership, the car went through a bit of a change. There was a team event that was supposed to be taking place in Tucson, Arizona. As it got closer, I knew who I was going to be driving with and went ahead and painted my car to match the color of the other two cars. Not many people have seen pics of the car in this state, and these pics are really the only ones I have left, but this was the end result.

Unfortunately, the event ended up getting cancelled just a few days before it was supposed to happen and the event organizer disappeared with the money of everybody who had registered. It took me about 3 months to finally get my money back. I'm sure people who were in AZ and active in the community at the time will know exactly what I'm talking about.

So that was a bit of a bummer, and it made me regret painting the car, since it ended up not amounting to anything. A few months later, the car was parted out and sold down the road. It went through a lot of changes and I got to have a lot of fun with it. I was lucky enough to meet and learn a lot from a bunch of great people and I still regularly talk to some of those same people today.

If I had any regrets with this car (aside from painting it) it would be that I spent so much time changing things, that I didn't get as much seat time as I could have. I got quite a bit, though. In fact, there was a 3 month period where I was driving at the nearby lot pretty much every single weekend. I'd get about 10-15 runs in and then leave. It was at that time that I learned the most about driving.

I do miss the car from time to time, but I'm grateful for the experiences and memories I gained during my ownership.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Streets of Willow 9/2/17 - VAB STI

Formula Drag

2017 So Far