2013 Scion FR-S


After taking a hiatus for a few years, I decided to get back into drifting. Being active duty and having some long days at work, I didn't want something that I would have to spend all of my spare time working on just to keep running. I also didn't care to have multiple cars, seeing as how my wife and I had a fairly small house with a small garage and driveway.

That being said, I opted to go with something new. Having already driven the FRS, I knew exactly what to expect going into it. It was like a modern day 240sx. A perfect blank canvas to really make your own.

We traded in my 2012 WRX and got the FRS and starting purchasing items the next day in preparation for a drift event at Mineral Wells. Started off with some STANCE coilovers, an axleback exhaust, and some shitty XXRs to hold me over until I decided what wheels I really wanted. Installed everything and had a blast. I was definitely rusty though.

Fast forward a couple years and the car had seen a lot of hard use. A bunch of events in multiple different states, a 4,000 mile trip from OK to AZ to CA to NV to AZ and back to OK and the car never gave me an issue. It ran flawlessly the whole time and I couldn't have been happier.

I lived on base for a good while and was deployed for 9 months of my 26 month ownership of the vehicle. My daily commute was all of 15 miles total and yet I still had 22k miles racked up within 17 months of active driving. When you take into account that my daily commuting only accounted for about 12k miles of that, you can see how much additional driving I actually did between trips, back road ventures, events, and more.

In the end, I decided to part the car out, put it back to stock and sell it off prior to moving back to California. After the move, I'd be engaged with school and work full time and living in an apartment. That being said, I knew I wouldn't really have the time or space to really tinker around with a vehicle. It was also becoming a bit frustrating spending so much money modifying cars, knowing that it's pretty much I decided to get into something a bit more "ready out of the box" so I c

I miss this car quite a bit sometimes, and honestly wouldn't be surprised if I end up getting another down the road.

Engine/Drivetrain:
-Tomei EL Headers
-Nameless Single Exit Axleback Exhaust
-Open Flash Tablet Stage 2 Tune

Suspension:
-STANCE Super Sport Coilovers
-STANCE LCAs
-STANCE Aluminum Subframe Collars
-Swift 8k/9k Springs
-Hardrace Inner Tie Rods
-Removed Front Sway Bar & Endlinks

Wheels/Tires:
-17x8.25 +25 XXR 527 (1)
-17x9 +35 Enkei RPF1 (2)
-18x9.5 +40 Volk TE37SL (3)
-Project Kics Neochrome R40 Lug Nuts

Exterior:
-Chargespeed(ish) Lip Kit
-JDM Corner Lights
-TOM'S Tail Lights
-Leg Sport FRP Duckbill
-30mm Todoroki Front Fenders

Interior:
-330mm Vertex 10 Star Steering Wheel (1)
-KEY!S Racing OEM Steering Wheel (2)
-350mm Personal Neo Grinta Steering Wheel (3)
-Works Bell Steering Hub
-Vertex Monochrome Shift Knob (1)
-KEY!S Racing CF/Aluminum Shift Knob (2)
-TFWorks Turn Spin Knob




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Streets of Willow 9/2/17 - VAB STI

Formula Drag

2017 So Far